Unit 1: Science and Art
I see the division of arts and cultures on the UCLA campus by the way it is split between "North campus", the arts and literature side of campus, and "South campus", the science and math side of campus. The south campus buildings are built with much more modern and basic building structure, while north campus buildings are usually brick buildings with hand-structured carvings and sculpture gardens. I have always thought of myself as more of a facts and reasoning type of person which made me lean more towards science majors. However, this often conflicted with my religious perspectives, as my mother is very religious and I grew up going to a Christian church. In science, Christianity is often put into question and sometimes even rejected. I also thought of myself as a generally creative person, but felt that this skill would not be useful in a scientific profession. I am on the softball team here at UCLA, and our team is made up of many different kinds of pe...
Comments
Post a Comment